Here are the basic guidelines:
- Use the 4E Player's Handbook
- Ability Scores. Use Method 1 or 2
- Alignment. It's up to you. You can be Good, Lawful Good or Unaligned. You cannot be Evil or Chaotic Evil.
- Gods. The standard gods are fine. A few of the D&D gods map to the Phoenician gods:
- Baal is Pelor. Baal is the patron god of Baal-gad.
- Melqart maps to the Raven Queen (you can call him Raven King). Melqart is the patron god of Zor.
- Most of the others can be mapped to Phoenciain gods. Ask me if you want to use them.
- Personality. Please go through the various matrices for coming up with your character background. Please make backgrounds short and concise, 1-2 paragraphs at the longest.
- What I'll provide you. Once you have a basic background in place, the last thing you should write, I'll provide you with a basic contact in town, or if you chose something more exotic, potentially farther away.